March 31, 2018

[Monthly Project] #17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate

Monthly Project (March 2018)

#17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate


Let's do something different this time round. :D

Are you a fan of DIY (do it yourself)? Actually I do enjoy assembly stuffs (i.e. small furniture, blocks, puzzles and etc.). What about you?

Don't worry. I am not going to ask you to make your own furniture or break whatever you have existing.

Are you always struggling to bring your favourite makeup remover around (especially for travelling)? This is for you.

Before I proceed any further, I would like to shout out to a young lady - she's my inspiration behind this Monthly Project. I said I am definitely trying this my own, and here it is. Thanks Myra! :D (Check out her blog here)


What you can expect from this post:
  • Easy 1-2-3 step to make your very own cleansing pads (no skin downtime, plus travel hassle-free!)


Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate



What you need for this DIY:

  • An air-tight plastic container;
  • Plenty cotton pads;
  • Cleansing water (of your choice).


Step ① Prepare a clean air-tight plastic container.

Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate


Here I bought a small rectangular transparent container for this DIY. Three of these as a bundle is sold at Daiso for RM5.90.

The reason I chose small container is because I want it to be travel-friendly and easy to carry around.

Of course, you could use any type of container. The thing is, it must be air-tight, so it won't drip.


Step ② Prepare clean and unused cotton pads.

Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads; Silcot's Uru Uru Puff


Here I am using Silcot Uru Uru Puff (40 pads per box).

The biggest advantage of using Silcot Uru Uru Puff is that it could reduce regular usage amount by 50%.

Besides, its sponge material provides a smoother touch and non-fuzzing patting.

By default, these puffs are folded in half with a dotted-line in between.

I might as well tear them into half which is more convenient for later use.


Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads; Silcot's Uru Uru Puff


And put them into the container we prepared earlier. I am surprised as they fit perfectly! (wow cool)

Step ③ Soak the cotton pads with cleansing water (generously!)

Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads; Senka's Perfect Water Cleansing


Here I am using Senka's Perfect Water Cleansing.

The main purpose of this DIY is to use the skincare product(s) which your skin is familiar to reduce skin downtime, especially while travelling.

So I am currently using Senka's Perfect Water Cleansing, that's why it is featured here.

As I am writing this, I am already halfway through the cleansing water. It is a functional product, but I am not 100% sure if I like it. Still in the midst of observing. (Definitely will update you when it's final)

Anyway. Just pour the cleansing water right into the container.

Well, since the Uru Uru Puffs has the characteristic of a sponge, it won't shrink when it meets liquid substance. It might take some time for the puffs to fully absorb the cleansing water.

To fasten the process, you could press the puffs downwards, giving pressure to the puffs.



Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate


***

Ta-da!!! Here you go. Your very own DIY Cleansing Pads! Absolutely personal. No downtime. Hygienic and travel-friendly.

Well of course, it doesn't necessarily for travelling purpose. You could always pack them ahead and put it beside your bed as "emergency kit" for those lazy days. (I can feel you :p)

The matter of fact, I brought this along with me during my recent trip to Seremban last weekend. No doubt, it is convenient and money-saving. ;)


Monthly Project; #17 DIY Cleansing Pads : Your Trustworthy Travel Mate

If you would like to read more posts like this, do leave a comment below and let's interact! :D

'Til the next time. Cheers!☺☺☺



Read more:

2 comments

  1. Whoaaa you actually did it!! Awesome! It’s a real convenient for me and surely you too! I haven’t tried that pads yet as I still have lots more I can use but I surely will try getting my hands on those. Thanks so much for crediting me back! You’re such a doll.

    Toodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Myra! Thank you for your kind words!! :3 I can't wait but look forward that we have more interactions (like this) in the future!

      Cheers! :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© soulmatehyeon. Design by FCD.