July 31, 2016

[Review] Nature Republic Nature Origin Cushion CC Cover

Hello there! :)
Today I'm going to show you another cushion compact which I'm using now, and share my own personal review on it. Without further due, let's get started~!


Nature Republic Nature Origin Cushion CC Cover 01 Light Beige SPF50+ PA+++
네이처리퍼블릭 네이처 오리진 쿠션 씨씨 커버 01 라이트베이지 SPF50+ PA+++

When cushion compact launched and got popularized all around the world, I was still suspicious with it. "Is it that good?" "Maybe people just go with the flow, that's it."

Thence earlier this February when I visited Korea, we went to Lotte Duty Free Departmental Store. Since it's tax duty-free, I felt like there's an urge to buy something, like at least one item, to say that "I've been here" (shopaholic blood flowing within, please don't feel obliged, alright girls?)

I went around and try find my target. As I approached to one of my favourite brands, Nature Republic, something caught my eye. It's the newly-launched Nature Republic Ginseng Royal Silk Whitening & Wrinkle Care promo set (I will post it in the near future, stay tuned!

Just like any other salesperson you find anywhere, the girl asked me whether I would add-on in order to get a better price offer. Throughout the trip, I been thinking whether to buy a cushion compact since it claims to be more moisturizing than normal BB cream products (it is very dry during winter time in Korea, no kidding) That's when I let my guard down.


1 plus 1 with a cushion casing

It comes in two (2) refill packs and one (1) casing in the packaging. Honestly, I couldn't recall how much I bought it for :/ I didn't bring enough Korean Won for that trip, so had to pay via card, whereby they charged me on USD. I checked on Gmarket today, and the above product costs around RM75 to RM85.




After opened one of the refill packs, you can find a container filled with CC solution and a sponge applicator. Everything is in white, which I really like the color and design. Next, place the container into the casing.




Then remove the lid protector. Whala, here you go! I was so excited, and tried it on the next day in my hotel room. Surprisingly the coverage is above my expectation (but of course, it's not perfect coverage). There is this natural glow finished-look which transform you to a Korean star instantly :D And with the applicator, it's easier to put on foundation now! You just have to "dab dab dab" using the applicator all over onto your face. Since it's so convenient, I use it for daily wear and during times when I need to rush due to lack of time.




Tip #1 :: Flip the sponge which soaked in BB/CC solution with a pair of tweezers after certain period of time :: You should get a good amount of BB/CC solution again after the flip :: The theory is just what similar to flipping your mattress ::




It's been 5 months since I bought this product, and I've just only finished my first pack. I still have another refill pack untouched. Usage wise, I guess it's quite a good deal. Alright, time to sum it up!




Overall ratings:
Price         ★★★★★
Durability ★★★☆☆
Coverage  ★★★☆☆

I would not recommend this when you have an oily skin, or even in a hot day. Seriously, you will look super oily (yikes) You definitely want to avoid that.

Would I repurchase? Well I don't think I will in the short term, since I would like to explore cushion compacts from other brands. But I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family, if they are interested. It worth the price afterall.


Do lemme know your thoughts about this product review or share your experience with me in the comment box below.

Cheers!^^

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© soulmatehyeon. Design by FCD.